- Green Pine Park and Doran Park are the two local public parks in Midhurst, connected by Willow Creek.
- Barrie Community Sports Complex opened in 2000.
- Willow Creek runs through Midhurst and much of the surrounding marshland, alongside Hunter-Russel Trail.
- Midhurst has three churches, Willow Creek Baptist Church, St. Paul’s Anglican Church, and Midhurst United Church.
- To the east, the parkland is locally called Hydro Hills, due to the Ontario Hydro power lines, connecting Barrie to Orillia, Ontario.
- The Springwater Public Library is located on Bayfield Street and Finlay Mill Road.
Growth Management Strategy 2004 can be viewed here (pdf).